JARDÍN HUERTO DEL CURA
Type of protected nature area: Nature Reserves Near Towns
The Huerto del Cura (The Priest’s Garden), declared an National Artistic Garden in 1943, has an area of 12,000 m2. Inside it is harmoniously housed a wide range of Mediterranean and tropical plants arranged to create an atmosphere of tranquillity and repose. The palm trees, the true protagonists of the garden, lend it its distnctive aspect.
A splendid collections of palms and cacti from all corners of the world, with many varieties which have been adapted to our climate, may also be enjoyed. In addition to the palm trees, many other Spanish Mediterranean plants, such as lemon, orange, pomegranate, carob and jujube trees are cultivated in the Huerto del Cura, alongside others from subtropical climes which have, over time, been added to from beautiful collection of plants from exotic places.
But the most prized jewel in the crown, due to its rarity, is the Imperial Palm. It a unique date palm with seven branches born of the same trunk which gives them life, and whose beauty and symmetry mean that it is an exceptional palm amongst palms. It is named after the Empress Elisabeth of Austria “Sissi”, to whom it was dedicated by Chaplain Castaño when she visited the Palm Grove in 1894.
Marcas de calidad:
- General: 5€
- Students/OAPs: 3€
- Residents of Elche 2.50€
- Children: 2.50 €
- Groups: 2.80€ each; Groups of Children: 1.80€ each
- Horarios: Abierto todo el año (excepto el 25 de diciembre)
Opening Hours: Open throughout the year (except the 25th December)
- January, February, November and December: Monday to Saturday from 10.00 to 17.30 and Sundays from 10.00 to 15.00
- March: Monday to Saturday from 10.00 to 18.30 and Sundays from 10.00 to 17.00
- April: Monday to Saturday from 10.00 to 19.00 and Sundays from 10.00 to 18.00
- May: Monday to Thursday from 10.00 to 19.00, Frydays and Saturdays from 10.00 to 20.00 and Sundays from 10.00 to 18.00
- June: Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 19.00, Saturdays from 10.00 to 20.00, Sundays from 10.00 to 18.00
- July/August: Monday to Sunday from 10.00 to 20.30
- September: Monday to Sunday from 10.00 to 19.30
- October: Monday to Saturday from 10.00 to 19.00 and Sundays from 10.00 to 18.00
- Group Visits: 20+ people, prior booking by telephone 965451 936.
- Address: Calle Porta de la Morera, 49
- Phone: +34 965 451 936
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: huertodelcura.com/jardines/home.php